PDF 2018 was held on 7th and 8th of June at New York Law School in New York City’s Tribeca. President of CA WHY NOT (Zašto ne), Darko Brkan participated as a Facebook sponsored fellow.
Since 2004, Personal Democracy Forum (PDF) has helped nurture a world-wide conversation about technology’s impact on government, politics, media, and democratic societies.
The theme of PDF 2018 was “How We Make Good,” with a focus on two interrelated questions:
- How we make good on creating, strengthening, and securing democracy and its core institutions.
- How we make sure that tech acts as a force for good in the civic life of the citizens of democracy.
Personal Democracy Forum 2018 covered following topics:
- Modernizing the critical infrastructure of democracy
- Figuring out how to boost voter turnout to 80% by 2024
- New experiments in liquid democracy
- Reinventing local democracy in the wake of the 2016 election
- Moving online participation to offline engagement
- How social media platforms are damaging democracy
- Building a healthier media system
- Combating peer-to-peer misinformation
- Designing systems that reinforce trust rather than mistrust
- Challenging how surveillance technologies punish the poor
- Fostering a code of ethics for data practitioners
- Freedom cities versus smart cities
Learn more: https://www.pdf-18.com/about/